The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Its a keeper
In Response To: Latest arrival.. *PIC* ()

Well done David !!
This is also my favourite edition of the 2446C GMT, it has the right of combination of goodies on board. Thin red seconds chrono hand, polished steel H&M hands & fluted pushers. I have only one compressor case Autavia its this very same model. I find it impressive in its execution and combination of colours, it always dazzles you when you glance down at it to check the time.
The lume on your example is wonderfully matching and the bezel is in great shape. I remember you posting a photo some years ago with a collection of GMT's which you had owned - i only hope that this watch has earned the right to live long term in your collection.
BTW - it looks right at home on one of your home made straps. Wear it with pride.
Cheers - Darren

: Well I took a chance and it paid off..no research needed, just a
: few phone calls..a one owner watch that came off his wrist 2
: weeks before he died at the age of 97!!! I did not buy it
: directly from him, but from his nurse! That is another story to
: be told sometime soon..
: Lovely first execution dial and handset, talk about patina!!
: I got lucky, no question! After owning 5 others, I have finally
: found a keeper.
: Could fall in the best of summer category..
: Cheers,
: David

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE