The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Benwatch . . . Likes to "Pass the Trash" ? ? ?

Interesting that you have followed this Carrera, from Matthew Bain to Benwatch, who has now listed it on chrono24.

A few weeks ago, I followed another Carrera, a Reference 2447S (with a damaged dial). In the space of a few days, this Carrera:

• went from me to a dealer, at a price of $2,600
  • the dealer replaced the dial, to convert it into a rare 2447 NS or NST [which is why he had no problems buying it from me, with a damaged dial], and
  • sold it, with its new dial, to Benwatch, in the $5,000 range (I would imagine) and
  • Benwatch was then kind enough to list it on chrono24, and quote it back to me "upon inquiry" at around $11,000.
So there you have it, from $2,600 to $11,000, with a couple of transfers (and a rare replacement dial). Of course, the hands and serial number now show that this Carrera had been produced a few years before the first NS or NST was produced.

I like the dealers who offer a nice inventory of watches, and I can respect their seeking an honest profit, but . . . [you can complete this sentence].

Do our readers have experiences with Benwatch?

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: :

: It seems this one has resurfaced here -
: http://www.chrono24.com/en/heuer/carrera-2447t--id1825927.htm .
: No word yet on the new asking price.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE