The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Sebring

As a self-professed fan of Steve McQueen, the awesome era of sports car racing, especially between Porsches and Ferraris during the good ol' 70's, and the historically significant classic 12 hours of SEBRING which McQueen drove to second overall in a 908 back in 1970!! I was quite disappointed as well as elated (but jealous of the eventual winner) on the result of the recent Sebring offering on eBay. $455! What bargain! Granted the case probably needs to be replated and the crystal replaced to make this particular example an awesome watch. This watch went for half of the regular going price! Well, nevertheless, congrats to the winner for getting a deal of the month, okay, maybe of the year (I do apologize to all Heuer wristwatch connoisseurs, that $10 Autavia simply is a once a lifetime deal so I tend to discount such outrageous anomaly.) Just wondering, what happened to some of the usual suspects? Maybe some of us dashwatch faithfuls need to CTFU (Bruce Willis' famous line in Tears of the Sun) and get these gems before others begin to catch up, again! Thanks to the head honchos who tirelessly reply to the wide assortment of questions and please continually keep up the good work.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE