The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Question RE: strapcode

Hi there folks,

have any of you collectors got experience dealing with 'STRAPCODE' ?
I remember there were some straps offered here once, and I think it was them, but at the time didn't really need any that badly.
Now I found my note I wrote back then, 'cause of a few certain 'taikonaut-straps' I liked.
Today, trying to open their WWW., it didn't work - not really knowing if it was just my PC (pretty slow today in any respect) or their homepage. (??)
Anyway, I wondered and wanted to ask :
HAVE ANY OF YOU FOLKS HERE DEALT WITH STRAPCODE ?
- were you satisfied with the quality ?
- what was the "delivery-time" like? Did it take long ?
- are they from the U.S., like I originally thought they'd be, or are they from HongKong/China i.e. ?
Sorry if this last question seems stupid, but somehow I got confused today.
Why I'm asking that: I'll be in the U.S. in Oct, so I wanted them to send it to a friend of mine there, so I wouldn't have to pay the German import-tax and customs.

Maybe I mixed up something here, and it all doesn't make sense, but maybe some of you can actually help, or suggest another good American - apart from Squinky, where I already bought a few which are waiting for me ;) - dealer with a good selection of straps/bracelets and decent prices.
Thank you very much,
buy,
cheers,
Olaf

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE