The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Boxes Boxes Boxes
In Response To: Impossible Task ()

This might indeed be a formidable task. Like Shaun I have also seen a mix-match/hodge-podge of "correct" boxes. I also believe that anything that Heuer serviced in the early 70's was returned in the red flat box.

Speaking of boxes; You would think that any manufacturer that prides itself on tradition, quality and presentation would be more meticulous in their packaging. Yesterday I picked up my new Omega Speedmaster Professional, model 3576.50 (saphire front & back with moonphase and date) and it was in the red box when I expected it to be in the black "Moon Watch" box. Since all the stickers/cards matched and it had just arrived for me (on order since late March) it was obvious that this was the correct original factory box.

My dealer said that it appears that Omega is going to just the one common red box for speedys and seamasters both. In 30 years will anyone remember this transition period? That is essentially what we are looking at to create a data base of vintage Heuer boxes. I think we could rough out an approximate matrix but need to remember that there certainly will be exceptions.

Best,
Mike

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE