The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Another Day, Another Dato / Happy Cinco de May

: Congrats!!!! wonderful watch. I have a set of these, this and a black dial one. mine are snap backs is yours? I like screw backs,
also my black one the movment is a little loose in the case. I also love that yours looks to be unmolested as it has the correct crystal with the ring inside. great find. If its Ok to ask do these bring more than $500.00 us yet?
: This one was an ebay "find" that
: arrived today, a "poor man's" Dato
: 12, made by Heuer for Clebar, that is likely
: to become my Cinco de Mayo Special.

: Based on quick impressions, I will have to
: admit that I like the shape of the lugs /
: case on this one even better than the Heuer
: Carrera 12 Dato.

:
:

: Coming soon, a section for the Poor Man's
: Carrera 12 Datos and some comparison photos
: of the cases, etc.

: Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE