The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
How many things are wrong with this Carrera 73655?

Hi all,

I'm a bit of a Heuer newbie and trying to make sure my first vintage purchase is a well educated one.

The seller planetwatch on ebay has had the following Carrera 73655 CHT listed for over a year. I've seen him turn down offers that are what I believe is market value for one of these in good condition (around £1000 / $1500), despite the fact his is in pretty bad condition.

Could any of the experts on here drop some knowledge about the problems with this watch? All I can see myself is the clearly wrong crown. But as I said, newbie.

Considering the condition of the case and the ultra clean glass, that must have been replaced?

Is there something wrong with the 12 marker? It actually looks to me like it has markers from the 73453 shown from Mark Moss's collection here:

I really appreciate the help. I'm very keen to pick up a 73655 CHT but not sure this is the one for me.

-Anthony.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE