The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Chronomatic

Here is some information on the watch:

Since my Heuer-collecting began, I have been wanting to buy a Chronomatic, preferably a Monaco. I was able to buy a Transitional with a very special dial and I am very fond of it. But I was still chasing a Chronomatic. And then:
A contact in the watchmakerworld here in Denmark showed the watch to me 3 years ago, It belonged to a danish person and he was sending it to Tag Heuer for a service. I showed my interest but nothing came of it. Then this spring I was contacted again: The person wanted to sell. He had kept the watch in a safe with a great deal of humidity and didnt want to pay for service again. I was allowed to buy and immediatly shipped the watch to Abel, who made full service and some restauration and shipped it back to me last week.
As for the history of the watch, i dont know anything. But I have the impression that it has been in Denmark for a long time, maybe since 1969-70.
The dial looks better in real life than in the pictures. Serialnumber 157761. Case is in good condition.
Will bring it next time there is a OTD Heuer-meeting either in Denmark or abroad so you can check it out yourself.
Cheers Jan

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE