The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Gruen as Source for Fake Autavias

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Actually the seller states the watch isn't for sale and that he's looking for parts. In reality the Gruen is probably rarer than most Heuer's or Breitling's. I've been playing with the Cal 11/12 watches for a couple of years and I've never seen another. The thing that gets me is since this movement is exactly the same across a number of different brands what makes one more expensive than the others besides just the looks (popularity)? The component cost is probably exactly the same or very close and most of these seem to have cost about the same new. The seller bought this watch as a project and has been looking for parts to get it running again. Here's the original auction.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10363&item=4100266132

Paul

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE