The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Seeking Info re Heuer / Robo Rally Computers

Man oh man . . . you never know what you are going to explore and discover in a given day!!

Yesterday, I had never heard of the Heuer / Robo Rally Computer, and today I received photos from an owner (shown below) and learned some of the basics. As you might expect, The Source of All Knowledge here in the US ("SOAK-US") was able to provide me with a lot of information, so my questions now are:

• does anyone here own one of these big blue boxes (the Heuer / Robo Rally Computer)?
  • might you know someone who owns one?
  • does anyone have a copy of the instructions or schematics?
  • what might one of these be worth?
  • what about the smaller black box with the Sebring attached . . . Any of these out there?
And here are two pieces of trivia for you:
  • "Robo" does not mean "robot"; rather, it stands for Roger Bohl (shown below in his Mustang), who helped Heuer develop this.
  • The Sebring attached to the black box (shown in the fourth photo) is amazing: The little black box is attached to the larger blue box (by the cable shown), and the minute hand and primary second hand of the Sebring are powered by the Sebring movement, just like any other Sebring. However, the thinner split second hand is independent of the Sebring movement and is powered by a motor in the black box, with the speed of this motor (and the hand's movement) determined by the speed of the car . . . yes, this is strangest thing I have learned in 13 years of collecting the dashboard timers and is absolutely true!!
There's a great story to be writen here, but I need more samples, more information and -- above all -- the Instructions!!

Thanks for any information!!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE