The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: i have to say......
In Response To: Re: i have to say...... ()

: So it seems the papers are worth more than the
: watch! Two good McQueen Monacos were sold a
: week earlier on eBay for c $2,250, one
: attracting 22 bids, the other 1 bid. Wonder
: what it would have fetched had the vendor
: included a $400 box?

well this one was in fantastic condition. i dare to say the nicest i've ever seen, at least from the photos. i'm guessing here, but i have a feeling , what i call a "perfectionist collector(s)" wanted this one bad and maybe it was the old duel to the death?:) basically the papers must have helped in this one, although i'm curious what would have happened if the papers weren't included? i was wondering the same thing if it had the box? would it have gone alot higher?

: Although I own a Monaco (referred to as the
: "carbuncle" by one friend) maybe
: it is time to cash in. With all the
: re-issues around it is no loger special. I
: think the Silverstone is the new Heuer style
: icon, red with red strap, and my daily
: wearer.

funny!:) "the carbuncle"???

i would say don't cash in, unless you plan on paying more to get it back. i have to disagree on the re-issues though. i personally feel that the re-issues make the originals worth more and more desirable, but that's just my feel/take on it.

i never had much feeling towards the silverstones, but i have to admit they are growing on me.:)

j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE