The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Your estimate was spot on

Well done Jeff on hitting the mark.
What amazes me is the fact that the seller managed to buy the Super Autavia for only $10 !...?...!!
With the names Heuer & Super Autavia so prominantly displayed on the dial it would take all of 30 seconds to google these words and see the types and values of the pieces displayed. I think we all dream of making a find like this ourselves - a garage sale with a rare Heuer piece tucked away and an uninformed seller.
Cant wait for my chance to come up - Darren
-
-
-: Super Autavia, standard version (1959-67), co-branded Hall's
: (Missouri jeweler), complete with the yellow box, instructions
: and brochure (showing the other dashboard timers) . . . Sold at
: $3,700.

: And here's what I wrote to the seller, in mid-September: "I
: would say that there is some chance that it goes above $4K, a
: much greater chance that it goes somewhere below $4K . . . but I
: will go with $3,500 to $4,000 as an estimate." OK, so we
: got this one just about right. eBay seller had purchased this
: one at a local auction, for exactly $10 (ten dollars).

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++

:

: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE