The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Makeover Complete
In Response To: Re: Makeover Complete ()

hi may

this Heuer first sees light of day in a 1980 catalogue. it came fitted with either the standard divers watch bracelet or the same rubber strap as you get in the the just discontinued Tag Heuer 1000m divers watch kit (the one with a wide flat tang and an extra strap extension that makes the strap long enough to go round your leg, nearly). this Heuer is totally different from all other Heuer divers watches in almost every detail. the model survived the Tag takeover and was marketed with an automatic movement. another version was sold by (i think) Cressi Sub and had a more sensible 200M rating.

as far as waterproofing goes, i wouldn't take my one in the shower. the back seal on this watch is mad, and looks more like an old hoover vacuum cleaner belt, consequently it's far too wide to get the necessary pressure to make a good seal.

Heuer sold it alongside the recently discontinued 1000m model. interesting to note that this was the only watch in Tag Heuer's line up that was originally a Heuer and was totally unchaged from that period, perhaps we should observe a minutes silence for it's passing.

will try and dig out some of the catalogues that feature it.

bruce

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE