The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: yeah, but vinyl vs. CD?
In Response To: Re: yeah, but vinyl vs. CD? ()

The sound of vinyl is way ahead of CD (listen to the MFSL Beatles collection on vinyl for a start) but you do need a decent system to play them on. My record player alone cost a fortune (SME 20/2/V arm/Koetsu) but you forget about the money when you have the musicians in the room. Equal priced CD player is good but bears no comparison. Proved this to so many friends I have lost count; all agree the vinyl is better after 5 minutes of listening. Same goes for watches. My Heuers are more pleasing and fun to wear than Rolex, Brequet or Patek but people do not understand. Jacked in my Porsche 996 and went back to the 993 as it a better car - not quite as quick but far more satisfying to drive.

New does not mean better and more accurate does not necessarily give better results. All about passion, so yes there is a correlation in answer to the original question.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE