The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Saw This One Around a Year Ago

I think Jeff is suggesting he has seen this in a watch...however the pic i received had it as is seen here; Paolo.

For me personally it's not my taste, being 100% stainless steel only...i even have an disliking of gold hour markers...so i will stick with the Autavia and Monaco chronomatics! However i thought the community would like to to see and get the opportunity to comment on this piece.

All debate (well almost all) is good debate!!

Rich

: For what i can see the dial is good, the typo are the same of the
: 1163MH, the Singer hallmark is consistent with 1969,
: and, as Rich said that the index are golden, it can really be a
: dial for 1158.

: If we look at the 1970 catalog, the 1158s is already shown,
: together with Autavia 1163 MH Flat V, Monaco transitional with
: blue lume, 1163 with post-chronomatic dial.
: More, the 1158s in the catalog does not have the onyx maker at 12,
: like in this dial.

:
: http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Catalogs/1970_Chronograph_Catalog/?show=p06.jpg

: This can tell us that the 1158 was developed together with the
: Chronomatic project. I saw a catalog dated 1.1.70 and 1158 was
: already listed,
: so we can for sure date the early samples of 1158 to 1969.

: There are also evident marks that the dial has been fitted on a
: watch... so where is the watch?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE