The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My addendum to Jeff's conclusion...
In Response To: My Conclusion ()

My addendum to Jeff's conclusion...

Film may be better than Digital, and Albums may be better than CD's. But I ain't ever going back...

Granted, if I'm taking pictures at an event that is especially suited to film, such as a race when instant "snap" photography is essential I might bring a 35mm along with me too. But the advantages of Digital outweigh the disadvantages, for me anyway.

Same thing with Albums. I have the (mis)fortune of having worked Heavy Construction for about a dozen years during my High School and College years. So what advantages Vinyl may have over CD's would likely be lost on me, and it's really hard to match the accurate reproduction of sound one gets with a CD. Some audiophiles may claim that CD's lack "warmth" but I can't hear that kind of temperature.

-- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE