The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
David, your post inspired me...
In Response To: Re: Ignore my ramblings... ()

...to dig around in one of my boxes of old watches and watch parts (many would call it junk, but I'm not having that!) to see if I could find that old Swatch. And lo and behold, find it I did! Slightly the worse for wear (being loose in a box did it no favours) with the plastic "crystal" looking all of its 24 years but there nonetheless. I know it's 24 because Swatch handily copyright each watch design and put that date on the dial, and that design was new when I bought it in 1987. And that is Base 30 too, scaled down to 40 bpm.

It's paired in the photo with a panda chrono Swatch marked in km/h for some reason, rather than being unit agnostic as it should be. It's in an aluminium case, which appealed to me as I like unusual case materials and was one of my inspirations to start collecting "real" chronos from a "real" tool watch manufacturer.

Now I have to go and quietly contemplate what a terrible hoarder I am, having lugged a plastic watch around with me for 24 years across a couple of countries!!!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE