The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Wonderful Copenhagen - Heuer Lunch

*** Note - camera phone pictures in this article - sorry
I would like to thank both Jan & Peter for a fantastic Heuer luncheon yesterday.
The 3 of us met for a few drinks, traditional danish food and plenty of watch talk here in central Copenhagen and had a great time. It was the perfect opportunity for Jan to show us his new Chronomatic Monaco which i can report is a wonder to examine (Peter and i were drooling over more than just the food in this instance).
Between us we had 30+ watches on the table for show and tell at one stage, there was barely any room on the table for a fresh round of beers and schnapps - no doubt the staff and surrounding diners must have thought we were crazy but it was quite an experience to sit and freely hand the 60's & 70's classics around (edit - i also had an early rally-master pair from circa 1957 to show the guys)
Of the 6 Monaco's we had between us there were 2 Chronomatics, 3 Transitionals and 1 Grey with recessed Black registers.

Of those Monaco's 1 Chronomatic and 1 Trans were of the paitless variety.

And here we have two long lost brothers next to each other for the first time 42 years

The talk covered many Heuer topics - hot on the discussion table were favourite pieces, the wanted list, contraversial models, variations in early Autavia models (very happy to return to the forum today and see its already a forum topic), the direction and focus of a collection and how tastes have varied have since becoming a collector.
The talk flowed with the drinks and we managed to cover many other topics including travel, family, fatherhood, historic V's modern cars and pretty much anything else that came along on the way. What was clear is that we were 3 kindered spirits with very similar interests and values. So thankyou gentlemen for a great day , no doubt we will repeat this event some time soon.
Cheers - Darren

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE