The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Pieces Seem to be Falling into Place *LINK*

Nick:

I / we have learned more over the past few months, and I have learned a bit more today, based on some e-mails and conversations. So stay tuned for further updates.

As always, it is almost impossible to prove that someone (Heuer) did not produce a particular piece or series of pieces. (With the oversized fakes, I found myself in the lucky situation of talking to the casemaker, himself.) Still, I believe it is fair to say that the consensus is emerging, with little dissent.

I will update the Comparison Page over the next few days, with some additional information and photos.

Thanks,

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Gentlemen, the debate on the 3 register Monacos
: seems to have moved to some sort of
: consensus since earlier this year - when as
: you'll remember there was considerable
: controversy over whether a watch was
: original or not.

: Can I now take it that this is the bible as far
: as these watches are concerned? Given that
: onthedash is fast becoming the reference
: tool for vintage heuer this will affect the
: value of such watches and will be important
: for those who happen to have bought one
: pre-onthedash wisdom! You have all made
: quite concrete statements this time around.
: I intend to use them in support of a move
: for compensation from the dealer who sold
: mine to me.

: Another question. Anybody know where I can get
: the case opening tool from. I want to check
: the movement on my watch?

: Thanks,

: Nick

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE