The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
More blame games - David D made me do it !!!

Although we've probably all marvelled at the pearlessence of the Monaco Transitional dial at one time, and there have been a number of forum members that have photographed them and talked them up, there was a period some 18 months ago where David D placed a series of photo's of this metallic blue Monaco on the forum and i knew at that time i was hooked.
Apart from being pricey, fine examples come up very rarely so i feel very lucky to have bagged this fantastic Transitional. The old cliches ring true on this baby too, its many watches in one as the dial flares with the change of light. At one moment it can be dark and moody then with a change of angle "FLASH" and its a bright neon blue.
So to David, i accuse you for the inspiration to get this watch. ;-)

And finally in honour of David - a wrist shot

Cheers - Darren

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE