The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Need Modern Browser - Firefox delivers.

Thanks for that Jeff , the new browser did the trick.
Great photo Giavanvittorio, it would certainly seem that the white Autavia on Jo's wrist in this photo is not a Chronomatic model & that it seems to have a MH bezel in place. Have there ever been conclusive photo's showing Jo using a Chronomatic OR has it always been our assumption by our community that it was the Chronomatic model? I really hope that somone has a photo that shows him with the Chronomatic model on the wrist - if not one of greatest icons (the Siffert Chronomatic) could be questionable.
The one known fact is that Jo was an ambassador for Heuer and (whether official or not) sold Heuer models to other drivers etc. It is possible he is pictured wearing a watch he was delivering.
It would be interesting to hear others point of view on this.
Cheers - Darren
-
-

: My default browser at the office (an old version of Explorer)
: would not display GVM's blog, and it told me that I needed to
: view it in a modern browser. I switched over to Firefox, and it
: displays perfectly.

: Jeff

: +++++++++++++++++++++

:

: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE