The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Wrist shot: A different auto racing related watch! *LINK* *PIC*

Kind of a cool watch from my very modest collection, the limited edition Coppa Milano Sanremo Chronograph by Doxa.

As a tribute to the first revival of the historic Coppa Milano Sanremo, DOXA reassembled a limited edition series of 250 pieces of the famous high grade 40 jewel Caliber 283 Chronograph movement using original vintage Ebauches (movement parts). This high grade movement was marketed by Lemania in the early 80's. The movement is based on an ETA 2892 with a Dubois Depraz Chronograph module which was a venture development between Audemars Piguet® and Dubois Depraz. This high grade movement was used in the finest wristwatch chronographs of 70s and 80s.

Sadly, this one will leaving the fold soon. I just listed it on that auction site so I could raise some quick cash to pay down my BP gas card. Driving a Tahoe is getting nearly as expensive as my watch hobby...now that's pathetic! I may have to switch to one of those little Japanese cars, a Subaru or something. Hell, I'll take the bus if it comes to that. Then I WILL have a reason for looking at my watch all the time...LOL!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE