The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Fakes and Frauds
In Response To: Fakes and Frauds ()

: Chuck: continuing your use of the
: "F-words" to explore this
: category, I would add "Fakes"
: and "Frauds" to the list. Let's
: define "Fakes" as anything that
: looks like a genuine item (original), but is
: not, regardless of the intent of the seller;
: the "Fraud" derives from the
: intent of the seller to misrepresent a piece
: in order to deceive the buyer.
: Any more "F-words" for this
: glossary??
: Jeff

Yes, I have another "F" word, Fishy, as in stink and smells bad. As I stated before, I have two of these case and two dials that are genuine Heuer that I purchased in Switzerland. They were never meant to be used together but some unscrupulous individual is doing this and claiming they are Prototypes. When he listed the first one on eBay over a year ago I confronted him concerning his claim. When I sent him pictures of the exact cases,dials, pushers and crystals, he admitted to me what he was doing and stated "that they were made for the uninformed collector". He also requested that I refrain from telling anyone. I have told Jeff who it is and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out who is making these FrankenHeuers. In his lastest eBay auction he states that there were only two of them. I have seen him list these FrankenHeuer on at least three occasions. Before anyone ask me, the answer is yes, I did warn the bidders but they didn't respond to my email warnings. For everyone who reads this posting you have been warned, they are fakes, frauds and smell bad (fishy). LET THE BUYER BEWARE. Good collecting to all, Charles.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE