The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Agreed: Printing Quirks Do Not Yield "Executions"

I hesitated to distinguish between the pointed V and the flat V. When we conclude that the pointed V was (a) earlier and (b) more scarce, we must wonder, "why the hype about the flat V?" In my opinion, this is just hype, and I would not pay a premium for this flat V.

This terminology was used to market one of Arno's watches, and the reference remains. And we probably promote it, by giving it a separate line in the Reference Table. Still, people seem to like the look of the "Flat V", so I decided to give this one its own place in the Reference Table.

By the way . . . Surely, you count the Chronomatics as a different execution, so we have at least four Sifferts . . . let me study the jump from four to six.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Yes ...that is what my thread is saying between the lines :-)

: so for me there are still only 3 versions (seepi i would not rate
: as a mark version: its THE siffert).

: 1 steel hands, big block, 36912, cal 11
: 2 blue inlay hands, big block, 36912, cal 11
: 3 vic hands, black thin blocks, 123456789101112, cal 12

: this worked for me 10 years and will also work the next 10 years.

: Further segmentation is destroying the myth and also reality.

: rgds
: alex

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE