The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Looks like the chase was worth it!

Welcome to the forum Tony, and thanks for bringing a nice watch along with you.

The earliest 2 reg Camaros, which we see in '67, use the equally venerable, if not quite as venerated, Valjoux 92 but the later watches do indeed use movements from the 77xx family. And just about the whole family actually, 7730, 7732, 7733 and 7734!

I'm fairly sure I've not seen one, and didn't have one in my table until now but the ID manual from 1971 does show that the very last of the 3-reg watches did in fact use the Vj 7736:

I'd guess then that yours was made in 1971 and sold in 1972. Would you be happy sharing the serial number with us? The first 3 or 4 digits are still useful if you don't want to publish the whole thing. Or you could send it by email if you prefer - carrera_table_mm@btinternet.com , I would be fairly confident it will be the high "bookend" for that model when the Camaro table gets published on OTD.

Yours looks very well preserved, with a great case and I'm pleased you didn't feel the need to relume it for some very small amount of lume loss. I always prize originality over it looking like it really did leave the factory yesterday, so always pleased when someone else makes the same choice.

Wear it in good health!

Mark

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE