The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Monaco 24: Like It!! Can You Share Impressions?

Jeff, when I first saw the concept of this watch, my eyes lit up like a Christmas tree, I waited years for it to come into production. I've obtained this Monaco 24 in the summer, knowing full well that there would be other variations, but that didn't matter because the truth of the matter was that I love this version of the Monaco 24 the most. It's a very bold watch and a beast on the wrist. The matte black PVD finishing gives the watch character.

I have not had any issues with it, it keeps excellent time considering it's COSC. I love the suspended movement and the rotor that was inspired by a racing wheel, the exhibition display back is also a beauty, a feature of the watch which I pay a lot of attention to. And I won't forget the dial, the gulf livery colors, the black and chrome finishing really makes the watch stand out (for once my wife actually admitted it's her favorite watch in my collection).

A point I'd like to make is that is would have been nice if TAG had made it with a PVD bracelet (for those hot summer days) don't get me wrong I love the black leather with orange stiching it matches well with the watch, I'd like a bracelet this watch for the summer. It would be nice if they had PVD the Monaco LS's bracelet and slap it on this.

~George

: I am a fan of the Monaco 24s, and believe that you are the first
: owner to post a message here.

: I wonder whether you can share impressions / experiences / etc.

: Apologies for the poor quality photo (below); shot in a poorly-lit
: store.

: Jeff

:
:

: +++++++++++++++++++++

: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE