The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: 11630MH Serial Number Question
In Response To: 11630MH Serial Number Question ()

Well, the serials should be 6 digits by then, but I'll assume they are. The serial number ranges shown in the table are from a sample size of just over 500, comprised of various Heuer models rather than just Autavias (though said list has more Autavias than anything else in fact).

So treat it as the lowest and highest serials that we know of rather than a hard and fast rule. A serial in an adjacent 1000 is generally nothing to be concerned about, it just extends our known range. There are some instances where a low number might not be right, like the Chronomatic launch watches, but for a general model like this I would say you just broadened our range :)

I did the same exercise for the Carrera table (also with >100 serials recorded, like the Autavias) and found some really good correlation for a lot of the models. Not to say that won't be refined either with a greater sample size of serial numbers.

Adding this serials column was a great idea of Jeff's, I'm sure he'll be pleased it's already being used!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE