The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Request for Carrera serial numbers

Any Carrera, any model, any generation.

I'm interested in production numbers and batch sizes for all the Carreras and I think it could be generally interesting information for the community. With the information I already have, I can arrive at a number for total production (excluding the fifth gen Lemania 5100 models where I can't find a serial) but the margin for error is quite large. The more data I have, the more precise I can be, hence this new request for serials.

The numbers will be kept private of course and unpublished, just used in my analysis. If you have already sent them to Jeff previously, then you can assume that I have them, though I won't mind receiving any again for confirmation!

The info I need would be the model reference and the first 3 numbers of the serial (at least, the whole serial is very useful). The execution as shown in the Carrera table at http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/Master_Reference.php4 would be very useful too. If you're not sure on which entry in the table your watch relates to, them I am very happy to confirm from a photo.

Please either reply here or send in confidence to carrera_table_mm@btinternet.com

Thanks! Mark

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE