The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Seeing That You Are in the Atlanta Area . . .

Seeing that you are in the Atlanta area, I will be glad to chat with you about this and to make some recommendations.

These are among my favorites, and if everything else is looking good with the watch, then $500 for servicing will be a worthwhile expenditure, whether you are keeping it or selling it.

Critical next step would be to see some photos, either posted here or sent to me by e-mail. Don't fret about the quality of the photos . . . we jsu need to see exactly which version you have and whether there are any glaring problems.

Thanks,

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Looking to find info on my Abercrombie & Fitch Seafarer looks to be the first edition after to prototype before they put the wings on the tidal dial. The crystal has some scratches on it as any 60+ year old watch would have but mechanically is in perfect working order and keeps great time. The band was replaced at some time with a flex band. I was quoted $500.00 dollers to have the crystal replaced and cleaned plus the cost of the original band. I am not sure what to do with it yet and am looking for input on whether to put the money into it or sell it as it is.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Messages In This Thread

Abercrombie & Fitch Seafarer first production model
Seeing That You Are in the Atlanta Area . . .
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE