The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Does This Hand Look Right? (11630MH)

Hi OTDers

I just got this 11630MH which is supposed to be all original. The seconds hand is much darker than the other orange bits, and looks good as new. From what I can tell from looking at pictures on the net, the second hand is often slightly darker, but it's hard to tell if it's as dark as mine (especially because the hand seems to photograph lighter than it appears in real life, in my attempts so far at least). I'm not sure if the hand was even supposed to match originally, so I have no idea...

These two (admittedly horrible) pics are a pretty accurate representation of how the watch looks. So what do you guys think, is the hand original or a service replacement?

Messages In This Thread

Does This Hand Look Right? (11630MH)
Re: Does This Hand Look Right? (11630MH)
Agree with Mark *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE