The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Calculator question
In Response To: Heuer Calculator question ()

Not that familiar with Calculators but the MH on an 11633 MHT refers to the outermost bezel having a minutes/hours scale on it:

Now, I've only ever seen the following type of bezel on a 110.633:

but has anyone seen it with a minutes/hours bezel? That would neatly solve the question, if they are known to exist! The other thing that occurred to me was that most Calculators have a mix of metric, imperial and US imperial measurements on them - I wondered if there were metric only bezels out there, which could also explain the designation. I don't understand why they would do that necessarily, as it wouldn't allow the conversions, but you never know.

In either instance I could understand why the case would be stamped differently, as it's not just a dial swap on a Calculator but a physical part of the case - and a less easily changeable part than an Autavia bezel too. Possible explanations, it needs someone familiar with Calculators to chip in.

298xxx is the start of a block of Calculators that extends into 299xxx. As always, dating isn't an accurate science yet (and possibly never will be) but I'd put that serial as somewhere around 1974.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE