The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: An Amazing Thing About This Community

Hi there,

you guys, I hardly dare to answer, cause I don't consider myself one of the experts here, and I haven't been with you for that long yet, but I really have the feeling I need to answer to this thought of Jeff's :
I absolutely agree with you, and - even though I don't follow every single thread and every discussion here - must say I am so often impressed with what some of you come up with, like e.g. the "Steve McQueen-Viceroy" thread and e.g. the brandnew thought about the 1972 catalog and that "Viceroy?-model" Jeff brought up.
You have no idea how much I appreciate these things and how often I check in here looking forward to one more of those "hey, guys, look what I found!"-ideas (that often turn out to be threads).
I could go on and on, describing what I like about OTD ... but I guess most of you know anyway, and I shouldn't be boring anyone on this Christmas Day.

So, thanks to all of you that participate and add so much - certainly especially to Jeff - and let's keep it up ! :-)
While at it, and having the opportunity, I like to send some extra Xmas regards to Peter T. in my beautiful sunny Arizona, and to David D. (David, please put down the tools, and enjoy the Holidays!) ;-)

Gotta stop before turning sentimental ... :-)
To all of you here, again : HAPPY HOLIDAYS - enjoy!
Cheers,
Olaf

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE