The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
spots on Heuer Carrera

Dear friends,

I really like to follow all your comments and learn from all of you in the discussion forum.

Please let me ask you for your recommendation.

Some of the fluorescent dots/spots (hourly signs) in the dial of my vintage Carrera failed down/ separated from the dial recently.

What do you think could be the best solution for it?. I took it to a very serious and traditional watch store in town and they said they cannot place the dots in place as it could be dangerous, dots could disintegrate or the glue could not be well placed, and a new painting could be somehow refinishing the dial. They suggested me to consider sending it to Tag Heuer. At the end I asked for taking out the failed spots from the watch and place it in a small bag to keep them until I find a solution, and remain with the existing dial.

Besides this, do you think the lack of these dots is seriously affecting the value of the watch? What's better, to leave the spots that remain in the dial or take all of them out?

Many thanks and regards!

Ignasi

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE