The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Israeli Air Force Heuer - help with markings

Cheers Paul,
I have come across some SAAF examples online with the AF markings - it's the closest I've seen, but still not the same.
The Heuer is a Lemania driven watch, but I don't think that's enough of a connection really.
Thanks for digging around for me.

I've fired off a few emails, to the Israeli Air Force Flight Academy & the IDF, I've no idea if they'll get back to me, but I'll post any useful response here.

Stewart

: Hi Stewart

: I was just wondering if it might be one of ours (South African Air
: Force) but I don't think so, even though the stamping is not
: dissimilar with the AF and not many numbers. I've checked with a
: friend and he thought so as well but I'm not so sure. As far as
: I know SAAF went from Lemania (mechanical) to Seiko (quartz). I
: don't think Heuer was ever used. Good luck with finding out,
: you've got me interested as well. Just for the record of the
: forum, this is a SAAF stamp.

:
:

: Cheers
: Paul

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE