The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Some of my highlights

Firstly, happy new year to everyone and I hope it is a healthy, happy and prosperous one.

2011 was my third year as a collector of Heuer watches and a member of this special group. It was a memorable year in so many ways for me and for others whom I have got to know and regard as friends. Some amazing watches have come into the hands of many of these people, new and exciting information has been shared and we have seen new resources in book and electronic form that will assist others in getting the vintage Heuer bug.

The standout watch for me was the completion of my Chronomatic project - my very own Project 99. With Abel on my side it could not go wrong and I was thrilled when I received the completed article – restored to its former glory. Which ever direction I look, and I confess I have looked at Breitling, Zenith, UG, Eberhard and Rolex, I cannot escape the Carrera magic. Heuer gave us so many treats with the wide variety of designs and styles and I’m sure everyone has their particular favourite. For me it is the Carrera, be it 60’s, 70’s or 80’s and this example sits at the pinnacle of my collection.

In addition to another wonderful year of watch collecting I was fortunate enough to be invited on a photographic holiday by a friend of mine who has started a course in the Camarge region in south west France. We stayed at a boutique hotel in the historic town of Aigues-Mortes and travelled each morning and evening to locations in and around the area. These included a bird sanctuary, barren salt marshes, beaches and a vineyard. The highlight by far was spending a day with the famous Camargue horses and their charismatic keepers. It was an experience of a lifetime and I will definitely be back there some time this year and maybe for many more thereafter. If anyone is interested their web site is: www.create-away.com So here are some of the highlights from my trip.

Regards to all
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE