The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Maybe religous meaning?
In Response To: Maybe religous meaning? ()

Hi Stewart,

: I'm stabbing in the dark here... but maybe it is Ezekiel 37:6
: "And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon
: you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye
: shall live; and ye shall know that I am Yah."

Thanks for this interesting idea.

: There seems to be differing quote depending on the type of bible.
: (I know nothing about this stuff)

Nor do I.

So one of the previous owners wanted to be remembered to (the inherent meaning of) a bible quotation in certain situations. We should not forget that these watches were used as tools. This GMT chronograph could be used by a professional on a critical mission -- with a little help from the quote.

Unfortunately I'm not able to trace back the ownership of the watch because it was passed on between dealers before I got it.

Cheers,

Mick

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE