The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Bad redial Camaro on eBay upto £800 GBP

Neil, in your shoes what I would do is edit the auction description to state that you've been made aware that it is a redial. That's both fair on the bidders and gives you a little bit of cover - at least they'll know what they're bidding on if it's explicit in the text, and less likelihood of comebacks once it's sold.

You may get some of the bids cancelled but at least some of them probably know exactly what they're bidding on already, and either have or can lay their hands on a replacement dial. They're not the hardest Heuer dials to come by. And as you've been candid with us and come forward with the serial number, if it does get sold on again, we can see if the next seller reciprocates by disclosing the replacement dial!

So that's what I'd do - add to the description so it's perfectly clear it's a redial, then let it run its course. Your watch, so up to you what to do next - you might decide you could bond with it with a new dial, or replace the dial yourself and relist. Depends on if the bids cover what you paid too, of course - sourcing and fitting a new dial will run somewhere around £200-£300. You might see more than that back relisted with a replacement original dial, you might break even or perhaps lose a little. I think I'd opt to leave the decision about the dial to the buyer - they may prefer a black one!

Good luck with whatever you decide - it's nice that a seller's not coming here and insisting everything is original and correct.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE