The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
similar for me *PIC*
In Response To: why I bought a TAG Heuer ()

i was really into formula 1 in the early/mid 80s...when mclaren dominated with guys like alain prost, niki lauda, and ayrton senna. and TAG-Heuer was a prominent sponsor. heck, i didnt even know about simply "Heuer". well, that did it for me, and T-H had a permanently positive image in my mind.

so i aspired to getting myself a nice TAG-Heuer watch one day. almost pulled the trigger on an automatic T-H sport watch in '91 but it stickered for like $1000 (yikes!) and i was not in a place financially to own such a luxury. still the desire simmered. then in '97 when i got my better half a nice T-H s/el for x-mas...i was all that i could do to not get one myself right then and there. i shopped around trying to decide what i was comfortable spending and which model was right for me. after a couple more days ruminating, i got the one you see pictured (a 2000...now called the 2000 Classic) and i've never looked back. it took me until '02 to really get the watch bug, but here i am and still lovin' T-H and forumla 1 (and now love Heuer, too). now i have a nice mix of both modern T-H pieces, as well as vintage Heuer in my modest collection.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE