The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Autavia 1163D Brown, eh, Orange Boy

Hi Peter,

: You are right, if you study the hands it is for sure my old watch,
: as shown on my site www.heuerwatches.net and later on C24.

Yes, it is. However, during my research first looking at movement and bezel I did not realize your watch being the same.

: It is a very special watch that looks really nice even though it
: has LOTS of patina.

LOTS of great patina.

: When I had it in Denmark with the cold light I newer saw that the
: dial is brown. But the buyer immediately saw that in the warmer
: Mediterranean light.

I'm living near Monaco, eh, Munich, Bavaria, Germany.

: But rumours say that it now have a Cal. 12 and not the Cal. 11 that
: it used to have? And as Paolo mentions the bezel have changed
: from the original T(achymeter).

Unfortunately one of the middlemen changed the movement and the bezel, perhaps to obscure the watch's provenience? While I do not care about the bezel (I like the D), I would really like to see a Cal. 11 in the case.

I really had better bought it from you, Peter, directly. When did you sell the watch? You may contact me privately.

: Mick enjoy it - it is not one that is seen very often.

I will, thanks for your informations.

Cheers,

Mick

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE