The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Bi-metal = lower price
In Response To: Bi-metal = lower price ()

I agree with Darren. Two tone gold and stainless watches generally do not hold their value as well as stainless watches. The Rolex datejust is a good example. Older stainless datejusts are worth almost as much as 2 tone versions in today's market...at least in the US. I have heard that it is because people do not want to show off their "bling" in a bad economy but I don't know. All I know is that stainless seems to be the popular look right now and the sport look sells better than the dress look.

JohnCote

: I wonder how it would of faired had it been the full stainless
: version.
: It may sound harsh but i beleive bi-metal versions of any watch
: greatly limit the number of potential buyers.
: Cheers - Darren

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE