The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
early scan day, camaro w/racing history....... *LINK*

recently i've been chatting with a great guy, Peter(phx/az.). anyway turns out he has/had a couple of heuers including a fantastic carrera cal12(one of the best i've ever seen) and at one time owned this beauty......

what's so special about this particular camaro, is that it was given to Bill Scott while he worked on/with the Penske race team. here's a back pic with the engraving....

here's what Peter the former owner of this piece knew about it....."All I know is that it was originally purchased from Bill Scott's son and it was given to Bill, one of their head mechanics at Penske Racing when Mark Donohue was driving Camaros for the Penske team..."

i did a little research to find a pic of Mr. Scott, and came across this site dedicated to the memory of Mark Donohue.... www.unfairadvantageracing.com
with permission from the owner, Mr. Paul Powell, of this site, here is a pic i borrowed for this post so all could see Mr. Scott, as well as Mark Donohue, and Roger Penske.....

here is the corresponding text that goes with this pic to make it make sense, also borrowed with permission....
"Bridgehampton, NY 1967 USRRC race starting grid. Roger Penske leaning down talking to Mark with crewman Bill Scott behind Roger. Thanks John McGinnis for another great shot."

i'm curious, as Peter has said he sold this particular piece, if anyone who participates here happens to own it currently or even owned it at one time?

as i've mentioned in the past i despise engravings, but this is my exception to the rule! this is the ultimate to me, as it's a heuer first off and secondly directly tied to a moment in racing history. Big thanks to Peter for letting me share this, and a big thanks to Mr. Powell for allowing me to borrow the pic and text to pull it all together. here's a link to Mr. Powells site

Messages In This Thread

early scan day, camaro w/racing history....... *LINK*
I Have Seen Some Penske Heuers Sold on Ebay
VERY COOL post. Heuer has such a great history! *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE