The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Calculator
In Response To: Heuer Calculator *PIC* ()

: I do not know much about these. What are your
: thoughts on this one. I have only seen them
: with the crown on the left. Thanks

hi bret

you'll be glad to know that this is a very rare watch. it runs a valjoux 7740 movement which has the same chronograph module as the cal 11/12 but with a manual wind movement. Other cal 11/12 Heuers also ran this (and it's derivitive the 7741) movement but production numbers of all were very small. your watch is missing the inner bezel, but you should be able to find a replacement as there have been many nos cases up for sale on ebay (some of which seem to been converted from 7740 to cal11/12 by welding up the crown pipe and drilling a new hole) some people buying these will no doubt be recasing an existing Calculator and will sell on the old and used case.

the big problem i found with this watch is that it's so big the crown digs in to the back of your hand in a vicious and nasty way, for this reason i prefer the automatic version, but then they're ten a penny.

good luck finding the bits

bruce

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE