The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
For me, the interest in motor sport came first...

...and the fascination with Heuers grew out of it later. The link is pretty clear when you look at this Autocourse annual that I owned before any Heuers:

With road cars, it was Porsche at first, then Ferrari and BMW. Probably sportscars was something in parallel, I certainly did like the 917 (preferably Langheck and closed, no 917/30s for me) and its reputation but I do remember rooting for the Ferraris when I first saw "Le Mans". I was too young to really know much about the 917s when they were actively racing, and my first allegiance in F1 was to Ferrari (and has been since) so I probably jumped camp with the sportscars too.

With F1, I feel you can have a favourite driver as well as a favourite team and they don't always coincide - my favourite drivers haven't always been in Ferraris. Though when, say, Fernando Alonso moved to Ferrari I found myself warming to him more than the grudging respect I had before :) I've never been that patriotic with choice of favourite driver either, though I have gained more respect for Button this year than even his champion year. It didn't hurt that his team-mate was driving so badly at times. All time favourite is Gilles Villeneuve.

This one always made me smile. Friday practice, Silverstone 2003 and this Toyota official got to the Jordan long before anyone at Jordan could prevent him taking a nice long look around the cockpit. I can't remember whether the marshall or the driver put the teddy on the nose! Bonus points if anyone can name who the driver was.

Pretty clear that Foxy is a Porsche fan, but what are other people's favourites? F1 team, sportscar, favourite driver?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE