The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Not Quite a Heuer But....
In Response To: Not Quite a Heuer But.... ()

Interesting Nivada John. It has its Heuer counterparts too:

I quite like the date at 12; I certainly prefer it to the Dato 45 with the window at 9:

Once they realised the resting second hand somewhat obscures the date at 12, it then only became a technical issue to move the date to the relatively clear 6 o'clock position. It wasn't resolved overnight though, so there must be more to it than it can appear to the layman.

That said, I do prefer the Nivada Taravana once they started using Vj 773xs and the date was clearly in the "right" place then, but for me it's more about liking the case shape a lot more for the later watches:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE