The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
It has some familiar feel to it ...
In Response To: what do you think of this one? ()

but at the same time some alarm bells ring.

- The case looks very familiar. It has some of the same ridges between the outer case & the crystal, and similar proportions to the early 2447 i recently reveiled to the forum (slight differences in the shape of the lugs).
- The dial just looks wrong. I would hazard a guess and claim re-dial or a modified generic dial until someone can show us otherwise.
- The Hour & Minute hands are in keeping witht the period of the case BUT look too short to be used in this watch. The seconds hand looks later than the others. Left register hand looks correct but the right one doesn't look to be correct.
- The crown for the watch looks too big. See how it hangs so much higher than the edge of the case.

It would be interesting to see the back case and movement to see more telling details. I assume its a Valjoux.23 inside. It has 2 registers & the spread of the pushers looks as if the bottom pusher is further away from crown than the top pusher.
Here's a picture of my 2447 again for you to compare some of the proportions of that watch. Note the size of the crown to the edge of the case & the length of the hands to the minute line indicators on the dial.

Hope this gives you something to ponder - Darren
-
-
-
-: Redial? Authenticity? Hands?
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE