The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Siffert still on the wrist...

Still appreciating the nice look and feel of this early Siffert...it has been long time since I appreciate the white dials again...

About the bracelet on your Carrera Jeff...I agree with Mark. But ofcourse personal taste and preferences are not to be discussed at all! I do worry about the endlinks that seem to be not wide enough. I know I am hypersensitive about this, about straps and bracelets in general. But besides that it doesn't look good, it's also quite dangerous to damage the watch. As the bracelet or strap can shift from left to right and can provoke the spring bar to pop out while wearing the watch and making a sudden movement. However, with bracelets this does not happen so often as mostly the bracelets have some "play" towards the spring bars. While a spring bar that holds a leather/rubber/Corfam strap usually doesn't have this play as the strap normally sits tight aroung the spring bar...this means when the strap can move from left to right...the spring bar will follow the strap, in a bad situation the spring bar will pop out and when you're really unlucky the watch will fall off your wrist...

I don't know if my explanaition is any good and understandable but I'm sure some people will understand ;-) Straps and bracelets for a watch are what shoes are for a men...at least for me...

So, enough said, here's my Siffert!

Take care,
Abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE