The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
980.006 diver restoration before and after

I just wrapped up restoring a 980.006 quartz diver. I bought the watch as a non-runner off of ebay with the intention of getting it going and wearing it.

First I tested it with a new battery with no luck. So I dug into my spares and swaped the coil from another movement and bingo it works. Once I had the movement going I pulled the hands, relumed them and cleaned the dial up a little. Next I took the case apart, cleaned it up and refinished it. With a new crystal and gaskets she is ready to go.

At first I wasn’t going to replace the bezel but now that its all back together I think I’m going to try and find one in better shape. Anyone happen to have a spare?

Overall I’ve been very pleased with the results.

Eddie

Messages In This Thread

980.006 diver restoration before and after
Re: 980.006 diver restoration before and after
Thanks
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE