The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
"NON"-Silverstones

I have seen a few of these crop up over recent weeks on various sites and indeed a very nice looking 510.403 sold last week for circa £1400 on Ebay. I'm sure that they have been discussed before but:
Are they really Silverstones just without the name? ( I know that some of them are marked "Silverstone" on the dial but are not one of the three "true" Silverstones)
Is £1400 a reasonable sort of price or could/should they be more?
Either way, I believe that they are good looking watches and even if they aren't Silverstones they have a value and an attraction all of their own. Am I alone or does anyone else have similar thoughts?

Jon

Messages In This Thread

"NON"-Silverstones
Re: "NON"-Silverstones
Re: "NON"-Silverstones
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE