The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Albert, I am really surprised at you...

Posted By: Albert Z Date: 5/25/04 03:56 GMT

SICK. Why does anyone need more than one guitar?

Albert, I am really surprised at you...

Fill in the blank... Why does anyone need more than one ______________?

Some examples:

• Why does anyone need more than one watch?
  • Why does anyone need more than one decent Seiko watch?
  • Why does Steve McQueen need more than one car?
  • Why does John F. Kerry need more than one House/(SUV)?

Whoops, sorry, that veered into the political real fast... My bad.

Just because you (or I or anyone else) doesn't "get it" doesn't mean that the person who collects (what we don't get) is Sick or needs help...

I was mentioning to Jeff on the phone last night that I knew a guy when I was in College who collected, wait for it... TV Test Patterns... On weekends, he would pack up an old Betamax VCR and check into a Motel 6 in a smaller sized city anywhere up to 400 miles away from Campus and wait until the local TV stations signed off and record 10 minutes of their test patterns.

I usually quote this memory when people ask the question: Is xxxxxxx collectable? If a person can collect TV Test Patterns, one can collect just about anything...

That guy's got a problem, he should really get some help. Really makes you wonder what the world's coming to. Doesn't he have anything better to do with his time (and money?)

The only thing I see that indicates illness is that he has dozens of Gibson Les Paul's and I can only see 3 Fender Stratocasters, 2 Fender Telecaster's and a single 6 string Fender Bass. That's sick! Where are the Strats? Send in the Strat's!

Truth be told, I'd be happy to be able to play guitar at all... If I did, I wouldn't be surprised if I owned more than one guitar.

For what it's worth... I seem to remember reading about 10 years ago that Eddie Van Halen and Eric Clapton both had over 100 guitars a piece...

BTW, anyone here have a pic of a 750.501 Pasadena?

Yeah, did you by any chance look at my article on Heuer/TAG-Heuer & Tourneau Lemania 5100 & Valjoux 7750 Chronographs? There are two pictures in that article, and of course I have frequently posted this picture of my Stainless, Non-Pasadena 7750:

In fact it is featured in my footer signature (when I bother to put it in my posts)...

Snagged one on TZ today (on original signed bracelet ) and it's on the way overnight!

How in the hell did I miss that one? Geez! I can't even find it now in retrospect!

It's my first PVD and it'll be my only 7750!

You must have sold off that Carrera you had bought...

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Chronographs, like many things in life, only improve with age…

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE