The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
No Monaco expert I!
In Response To: onthedash Monaco experts call ()

I think you'd want to see the dial in person to see how metallic it is, but the photos do show the vertical brushing characteristic of a transitional dial. I'm a bit further away from Prannerstrasse to check than you are!

Does the serial fit well within the timing of the transitionals? Somewhere around the mid- to high-157s?

The movement won't be the original though, a Cal 12 is too late to be in a transitional Monaco - we're already into regular production for some time before the C12 appears.

So original watch with the movement replaced somewhere along the line would be my impression from what I can see - as it's "aus Erstbesitz", the original owner may recall having sent it to Heuer for movement servicing and the resultant change.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE